29.8.10

Desert Pieces and Sunny Smiles

I spent last week working on some pieces for my sister in law to wear for Burning Man (50,000 people are expected to be there this year) I made a dress out of this lightweight jersey slub, perfect for that climate. I love the texture, great "oatmeal" coloration, and beautiful drape of this fabrication. I was able to use the last of my drilled river rocks ands some leather straps (which I handed to my husband to work on while we traded off on our "babysitting Devon" duties) to create a very rustic and organic neck piece for this desert dress.
I kept the design very simple (so no need to focus on that) since it's all about this beautiful necklace that Isaac created. I love how he wrapped each stone in a different way, stacking some in little clusters here and there. He's really very crafty isn't he?
I also made her some "desert nomad" pants out of lovely silk noil. These wrap around the waist and are left open along the side of each leg (vents for those hot desert days) and have extra long straps at the hem for wrapping around the calves.
I also wanted to share with everyone these beautiful shots of Sunny wearing the skirt that I made her from our last blog posting. How cute is this little top (and those shoes) that she's wearing with it, not to mention that smile! Lisa, thanks so much for the pictures of Sunny, it totally made my day to see them and she looks absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment