4.9.10

Better Late than Never

I was very bummed to find out that one of my favorite designers, Luella had ceased trading last November. This due to a loss of the brands global licensee as well as, the unexpected closure of the label’s major Italian manufacturer. Scary that this should happen to a designer that only last year had won the ‘Designer of the Year’ Oscar at the British Fashion Council’s annual awards gala. Her last collection (being Spring 2010) was my all time favorite and sadly was never produced. I had been wanting to do a memorial posting for her and for some reason kept putting it off...she's been on my mind lately, so I figured better late than never:) Here's hoping she returns with more beautiful offerings for her "girl" whom she describes as (and I LOVE it) "cute but always a little sick"

No comments:

Post a Comment