5.11.10

Night Light


I just finished a batch of these corduroy smocks for Sweet William. I had made some culottes for Devon from the same fabric before, but I'm lovin' it as a little holiday dress much, much more. Now, I'm taking a tiny break from sewing this weekend. Devon's sleeping next to me as I'm writing this in the dark by the light of my closet (I like to write blog posts in my journal and then type them up later) So, yes... she's still sleeping with Isaac and I (only now she takes up MUCH more room) and she's a kicker. Once, she bicycle kicked me in the forehead so hard that when I woke up the next morning, I had an actual dent in my head. Right now, she's sleeping with a little tissue in her hand (to Devon a tissue is the "cure all" for everything) Itchy nose? tissue. Little boo-boo? "no band-aid, Mommy..TISSUE!" But anyways, even though I'm looking at her right now and she looks HUMONGOUS, I'm really in no hurry to move her into a bed of her own...is that weird? I mean, soon she'll be going to school, and she'll want to be "Little Miss Independent" and then I'll be the one that needs a tissue.

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are beautiful! And I love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photo, fabric and dress, and I love the topknot too!

    ReplyDelete