30.4.10

Southwestern Style

I wanted to share with everyone some pieces that I've been working on for our women's line, Payne. This vest is my favorite so far, made from an acrylic blend that's super soft and looks like wool. The contrasts are cut from a buttery lambskin.
It's intended to just be thrown over your favorite jeans and a tee, left open with rustic leather straps hanging, but you can tie 'em up and change the neckline if you prefer...
I cut the upper front and back panels along the selvage edge to keep this great little fringe detail that adds even more to it's "Southwestern" flavor.
My jumpsuit is a fluid, printed cotton jersey that just so happens to have all the colors of my vest. I love the "painted desert" look of this print, it reminds me of an abstracted ikat. I'm actually working on an ikat/bamboo french terry, motorcycle/hoody jacket now...
I've had this giant wooden bead rolling around in my desk drawer forever. I find it to be the perfect touch to pull this design over to a more "organic' and "rustic" type feeling (reversed bamboo french terry contrasts help too) I left the vest unlined since the pattern was so beautiful even on the reverse, carefully hand sewing all inside seams and adding hand carved oak toggles to give it the same "rustic" vibe.
...then I had to satisfy a little vintage shopping inpulse, and found the perfect Southwestern style leather jacket from the 80's at Revival House .

No comments:

Post a Comment