5.11.09

Stop to smell the roses

Now that Isaac's always working, Devon and I are sort of without car for awhile. We try to get out of the house for a few hours everyday, by taking lots of walks. The weather here is still so warm, even in November (I'm wearing shorts today) Our neighborhood is beautiful, full of flowers, and surrounded by hills. There's this system of cement rain gutters (I guess you would call them gutters) Devon's been wanting to climb around in them forever. I know...it sounds horrible, "Today I let my daughter play in the gutter" But one of my favorite childhood memories was with my sister and my cousins, running around in the cement rain gutters in their neighborhood in Honolulu, Hawaii. She was so excited when I finally let her jump in and explore, she was practically hyperventilating:)

7 comments:

  1. we used to play in those all the time growing up....even the ones that led to the sewer!!! did you make devon's skirt? i want to order one if you did!! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gonna have the sweetest childhood memories I bet. Awesome clothes, playing with mommy, etc etc. AND she'll have tons of pictures to remember them. Very cool, very cool indeed.:)

    Her skirt and shoes are so cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls! The skirt is actually vintage, but Heather I can make you one easy out of a great chambray that I have:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hyperventilating, that is so cute! It should be the goal of every mother's day, to get their child hyperventilating with excitement. Thanks for the sweet story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why she was so excited about it. That looks like fun! Did you hop in there with her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousins and I, we used to jump into 'drains' like that when we were young. .catching little fishes and tadpoles.. I'm not sure if I will do that again if given a chance. Unless of course, without the tadpoles, I will!

    ReplyDelete