9.3.09

~ Pink Fluffy Dreams ~

I love the way Devon will (occasionally ) quietly hang out with me while I'm sewing. She'll busy herself with all of my many, many trims and fabrics~ her favorite being my silk chiffon. I want to make her a tutu out of it with like 15 layers all raw edged and crazy. She could wear it with just a plain white beater and Doc's (even though she doesn't have Docs yet, but what a perfect reason to fix that little problem!)

It always makes me smile to see her so fascinated by these things. I can't help but wonder what kind of pieces she'll make when she's old enough to take over as the designer for Devon Rose. Then, I get a little anxious wondering "what if she decides that she hates fashion and wants to be a motorcycle cop, or a lawyer, or a marine biologist"? That's when I remind myself that whatever she decides to do, she'll be amazing at it. And really, what girl in her right mind wouldn't want to design her own clothing line anyway?






















No comments:

Post a Comment