4.3.09

~ Storytime and Sorbet ~


One of my favorite things to do is hang out at the bookstore and flip through all the import fashion magazines. Luckily, Devon has a thing for looking at pretty pictures as well. I try to take her to her favorite bookstore (it has a toy train set up) at least once a week. Usually, we have the whole area to ourselves. I grab some mags and we find a comfy corner in the children's section together. Yesterday, they were having story time, so it was packed full of kids. Devon headed straight for the train as usual, which was surrounded by little boys who didn't want to share, but it was so cute to watch her hold her own ~ Devon's no pushover! She doesn't get to interact with other children as much as I would like, but I have noticed that she prefers to hang with the boys. I'm sure it makes Isaac nervous already. I got her "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss. Cardboard version only! (since she has a thing for eventually destroying her books as well) I have fond memories of my dad teaching me how to read with that particular book. I did take pics, but the bookstore lighting has an awful way of making every ones skin look strangely orange.
Afterwards, we shared a raspberry sorbet. I still can't get her to eat actual pieces of fruit. She finally drinks orange and apple juice, and she loves fruit yogurt (and obviously sorbet) But she still remains an incredibly picky eater ~ something that I've always been (and I'm suddenly regretting now)

No comments:

Post a Comment